More progress ... all artists are now at work. As we go along, I'm thinking that the real challenge here is getting others to buy into - to embrace - one's own ideas and goals. It's so interesting to experience the difficulty of expressing what seems to me a simple concept in terms that others can understand. And not understanding in the normal "Oh yeah. I get it." sense, but to a degree where they can conceive of and create unique art works reflecting that concept, which I would argue is entirely another level of understanding.
The experience has, so far, heightened my appreciation for the three artists who agreed to participate in this experiment. It takes a bit of bravery to offer a new work to the public in the "normal" way. After all, artists generally understand that, in the eye of the art consuming public, you're only as good as your last piece! So, to risk one's shaky reputation for the sake of someone else's idea is doubly brave.
Sunday, 18 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment