Hello everyone. I thank you for the opportunity to participate in the Yoshikaze Up-In-The-Air residency program, and for the chance to post on this blog!
Oberon's "person" lives in New York City and is, sadly, no longer a practicing artist. In Second Life, my usual art practice has been moving physical objects through space, or within a defined space, all interacting with each other and in response to visiting avatars. You can read my bio in Goodwind's post below.
For this residency, I have decided to try something completely different. I have asked three artists each to do their own unique version of a concept that I introduce to them. Namely, that they construct a piece with a starting point and an ending point, and that the only way to progress to the end is by hearing and responding to sounds. Sounds alone ... no visual cues at all. I'm not sure that idea alone is so interesting. But I think it will be fascinating to see how three very different artists solve this particular "problem." I'm hoping that the experience might even be enlightening. But that's for you all to judge ...
I'll try to post here regularly during the course of the residency. I don't think we'll get started actually building anything for a couple more weeks. So if you come to visit, don't expect to see anything for a while.
O.O
Friday, 19 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment